Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tool #7- Reaching Outside your Classroom: Online Digital Projects

After visiting the resources regarding online digital projects, design a collaborative project with another classroom.

Ok, so I can't take full credit of this activity, but I saw this posted on the 11 tools website, and thought that I could adapt this experience to our classrooms needs.
I have heard so much about Skype lately, and how fun it is to connect with people that you may not see every day. Zac's sister in law is a teacher that lives in Knoxville and I thought that this would A)be a great experience for the kids to understand differences and similarities in weather patterns, and B) to get the oppurtunity to stay in touch with my future sister in law! Since I won the Playnormous iMac.. this would be great!

Unit- Weather and Seasons




Objective:TLW understand that the weather changes through the season in different ways in Texas and Tennessee.
*Implementation would begin on the first day of fall and continue through December as we would incorporate this into our everyday calendar activities.
*I could see using united streaming and youtube on google docs to send videos of the different weather. We could Skype each other and the kids could ask and answer questions in both classrooms. What a cool way to communicate! can see and read about the kids reflections about weather here and there.

2 comments:

  1. As you go through the tools..using them in a personal way is the best way to learn them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the content that you share with us, It's easy to understand your article and it makes my work easier. Thank you for sharing your insights with us.
    Valentine’s Day Chocolate Gifts
    Valentine Chocolate Day Gift
    Chocolate Day Gift
    Valentine’s day gifting ideas
    Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete