Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tool #4- Moving Up to the Clouds



Create at least one document in Google Docs and share it with a few others on your campus or within your department. It could a team member, a department colleague, or another teacher with whom you plan a collaboration. Ask that person to comment or chat and real-time edit the document with you.

I created our first week's lesson plans on Google Docs and shared it with my team, so this was really useful! HAB emailed me back immediately and told me how proud she was of me! (She is finished with 11 tools... grr) Now.... if only I could get a picture of it to post..



Briefly discuss how you can use the tools in Google Apps with your team or department. How can you incorporate Google Apps as a tool in your classroom? Which tools are you excited about using with students.

I think this is a great way for our team and the staff to communicate. It takes some getting used to, though. I found it much easier the more that I "played around" and became familiar with everything. Google forms will be a great tool to use in the clssroom. This seems like a very efficient way to assess knowledge "on the fly." This can bring in some of the active and overt participation with the use of the ActivBoard eggs! Pretty cool!

3 comments:

  1. I am super, duper proud of you! Way to go!!! I can't wait for you to get on SKYPE! Look me up and let's get these kids going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful page! You first grade teachers are so creative...

    Hope you're wedding is wonderful!

    Did you find the plate at Hobby Lobby??

    See you soon!

    Judy Juan

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are moving on nicely...

    ReplyDelete